- 04/29/2016- The Contractors are on site and working on final clean up and restoration. Work will include final field, lawn and driveway restorations. Restoration will be occurring on Lewiston Road, Fisher Road, Batavia-Elba Townline Road east of Pekin Road to Batavia-Stafford Townline Road, State Street Road, Norton Road, Bank Street Road, Batavia-Stafford Road, and Fotch Road. Some ditching corrections will occur on Oak Orchard Road. The Elba meter/PRV vault will also be completed.
- 04/08/2016- All water mains, services and restoration have been completed on Batavia-Oakfield Townline Road, Batavia-Elba Townline Road, Macomber Road, Pekin Road and Hutton Road. All water mains and services have been installed on Lewiston Road and Fisher Road. Restoration will occur in the Spring as weather permits.
- 01/28/2016- All water mains, services and restoration have been completed on Batavia Oakfield Townline Road and Batavia Elba Townline Road between Macomber Road and Pekin Road and on Hutton Road. All water main and services have been completed on Lewiston Road and Fisher Road. Remaining restoration will occur in the Spring as weather permits.
- 01/21/2016– All water mains have been installed. All services west of, and including Pekin Road have been installed except on Fisher Road. Fisher Road services will be installed this week. Remaining restoration will occur in the Spring.
- 01/04/2016-All water main, services and restoration have been completed for Phase 2. This includes Townline Road from Macomber Road to Pekin Road, Hutton Road, and Pekin Road all water main on Lewiston Road and Fisher Road have been installed and are in service for Phase 3. Services on these two roads are being installed and will be completed in January. Restoration will be scheduled in the Spring for this phase.
- 10/15/2015-Sergi has completed water main installation, service installation and restoration for Phase 1 and Phase 2. This includes Batavia Oakfield Townline Road and Batavia Elba Townline Road from Macomber Road to Pekin Road, Hutton Road and Pekin Road. Sergi will now install Phase 3 water main on Lewiston Road from Galloway Road to Townline Road and then northward from there to Oakfield.
- 8/25/2015 – The portion of Phase 2 between Downey/South Pearl Road and the Oakfield/Elba Town Line has been placed into operation. The map above has been updated accordingly. Property owners in that section (yellow on the map above) may connect to public water with an approved application and inspection. The remainder of Phase 2 has been installed and is currently being tested. Phase 2 water service installations and restoration work has begun.
- 8/11/2015 – Sergi Construction will be completing water main installation and testing on Townline Road this week. Water main installation is scheduled to begin on Pekin Road by the end of this week.
- 7/29/2015 – Target completion dates for construction phases 2 & 3 have been updated. These dates are targets and subject to change depending on field conditions and actual work progress.
- 6/19/2015 – Sergi Construction has reached Lewiston Road. Early next week they will bore under Lewiston Road and then continue to install water main along Townline Road to Pekin Road.
- 6/2/2015 – All of Phase 1 has been placed into operation. Sergi Construction will complete the remaining Phase 1 town-side water services today and on June 4 will begin installing water main for Phase 2 on Batavia-Oakfield Townline Road heading east of Downey Road toward Lewiston Road.
- 5/18/2015 – Sergi Construction has completed the water main installation for all of Phase 1. Once the testing and disinfection has been completed, the remainder of Phase 1 will be put into operation. The contractor will also begin Phase 1 water service installation this week, which will run from the water main to your front property line.
- 5/8/2015 – Target completion dates for each construction phases, which are subject to change, have been updated along with the map to reflect which areas are currently operational. Batavia-Oakfield Townline Road from Downey/South Pearl to Hutton Road has been placed into service and water services are being installed. Property owners in that section (yellow on the map above) may connect to public water with an approved application and inspection. Sergi Construction has completed water main installation along Batavia-Oakfield Townline Road from Downey/South Pearl Road to Macomber Road and will be installing water main along Hutton Road.
- 4/22/2015 – Target completion dates for each construction phase have been updated. Keep in mind that these dates are targets and are subject to change. Sergi Construction are approaching Hutton Road and will continue along Batavia-Oakfield Townline Road to Macomber Road.
- 4/2/2015 – Sergi Construction plans to start working on Monday, April 6, 2015. They will start on Batavia-Oakfield Townline Road at Downey/South Pearl Road and will continue west toward Hutton Road.
- 3/24/2015 – A Frequently Asked Questions section has been added to this site.
- 3/11/2015 – A Construction Information Letter dated March 2, 2015 has been sent out to all property owners within the Townline Water Project. A copy of the letter has been posted to the Documents Section of this page.
- 2/26/2015 – The Townline Water Project has established this website to keep all property owners updated. It includes a news feed, important documents, and a contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an application fee?
The Water and Sewer Service Application Instruction Sheet does mention that all connection fees must be paid in full before your application is approved and that the fee will be determined by the Town Clerk’s office. However, all application fees will be waived for this project and the Town Clerk’s office will confirm this with you upon application submission.
So I won't have to pay anything to connect to the public water?
You will be responsible for the installation of your water service from the meter pit up to and inside your home. This responsibility includes hiring a contractor and/or plumber, or doing the work yourself. All costs associated with this task is also your responsibility.
Does my private service need to be inspected and is there an inspection fee?
The work done on your property must be done in accordance with Town of Batavia standards and must be inspected before the trench is backfilled and the water is turned on to your home. There is no inspection fee.
What is a debt service and when must that be paid?
Debt service is what each property contributes to the cost of the total project. This cost is added to your County Tax Bill each year for the term of the loan (38 years).
Will a service be provided to my vacant parcel?
A service will be installed to the front property line of all properties with an existing structure or vacant parcel with an active building permit on file. Future builds that take place after project completion will require the installation of a service line and an application fee will be applicable.
What does the application mean when asking for the Agent Contact Information?
Some property owners hire a third party to manage their private water connection. This third party is the owners agent. If you want a hired contractor to be the main point of contact, place there information in the Agent Contact Information section of the application.
When selecting my service user on the application, do I check Domestic, Fire Service, or Combined?
A Domestic Service is when the water is being supplied for sanitary uses only (drinking water, showers, toilets, etc…). Residential connections will be a Domestic Service Use. A Fire Service is when the water is being used specifically for a private fire protection system. Combined Services provide both domestic service and fire protection through the same line. This question on the application refers only to the service line serving your property and not the mainline that serves everybody on your road.
The application has a Sewer Service Request section. Does this project include public sewer?
The Water & Sewer Service Application is a general form used by the Town of Batavia for both water and sewer projects. Public sewer will not be installed as part of the Townline Water Project and you can check “No” for the “Are you requesting sewer service” question.